Monday, November 27, 2006

Ups and downs for November

Well, the month of November is nearly over, and Christmas is almost upon us. There have been some ups and downs since my last post, for sure.
On the up side, not too long after that post, Denver Rassi started repenting while I was hangin' at the Shaker one night (as I am tonight). I had been wondering how he could sit through and participate in the after supper bibles studies each week, and that particular night the conviction was fairly obvious. I don't think I will ever tire of the nervous butterfly feeling as we pray for a friend on the brink of letting Jesus into their heart. There seems to be a marriage mania going on, even among my relatively small circle of friends/acquaintances. I think Kenton started it. So, congrats to Tyler Scott (I believe his engagement was actually some time ago), Jon Ringger, Sasha and Carissa, Jake and Meika, and Andrew Gerber. God bless and keep you all.
On the downside, I was not able to get Saturday off from work, and so I could not go to Minnesota with the fam for Thanksgiving. This was a major downer, since it was quite unexpected. I was doing fairly well though, until my Aunt Lila (Mom's youngest sister, and has Down's Syndrome) left me a phone message. I could hear the smile on her face and the excitement in her voice as she repeated what Mom was saying in the background, like she misses me, she loves me, and wishes me a happy Thanksgiving. That made it a little rough for a while. I was able to spend Thanksgiving day with Heath and his family in Chilicothe, and then Saturday evening with the Knapp/Knobloch/Dietrich/Roth/etc. clan, so the holiday was far from a total loss.
On the lighter side, I am currently in a state of total body aches/pains. Apparently, my body thinks I am too old for nearly 2 hours of football after church on Sunday in Morton, but my brain didn't believe it (either that, or my brain won't believe that my body is woefully out of shape for such activities). I can tell you which one won the argument, but also that it will probably be a recurring one.
Well, I suppose that's about it for November, and I hope I don't lose the few faithful readers I may have left:)

6 comments:

Luke said...

There were also Baumann's there...and Walders... :)

Ashley said...

If you'll take notice, you'll see the ETC. after the abbreviated list :)

Joel and Steph said...

still reading, ash... =)

ajp said...

I check about 2x's per week just hoping...glad to see your writing and still alive.

kersh said...

Ash, We should start a once-a-month blogger club. We can encourage each other to post but shun those that are overly ambitious and post too much:)

Great to see what's up!

megs said...

hey splash, add Ffej and JB to the ever-growing list of marriagee's.... *groan*