Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Oops, I forgot

So maybe that last post got my writing juices flowing or something. I completely forgot about some things I wanted to blog. Last weekend I made a last-minute decision to got to Indy. One Mr. Wales gave me a call Thursday night to ask what I was doing for the weekend. Mangold's was closed that Saturday, so I had no plans (except to try and get a haircut). I was up till 2:30 Friday morning doping laundry and packing for the weekend. I left from Champaign after enjoying a delicious but rushed meal at an authentic Mexican restaurant called Dos Reales (It was ruhed because I was reminded of the time change 5 mins after ordering). The main reason for my going to Indy was that the Kellenberger's (Kent, Ryan, Scott, and Ned) were staying at Jonathan's for the Outreach, and thay needed a sixth man for Rook (Best card game ever). So I drove to Indy, played Rook (Ryan and I won, Friday AND Saturday nights), and decided to got to the Outreach while I was there. The weekend was a blessing, as I was able to meet new people and renew old ties.
I stayed in Champaign Sunday and Monday at the Shaker, and was introduced to a not wholly unfamiliar way of college life. Good times were had by all.

I would be remiss if I were not to mention the passing of a dear brother and former member of the BTR. Goodbye, and we'll miss you, Kenton.
Seriously now, God bless the two of you in your new lives as one in Christ, Amen.

-Ashcrash

P.S. - Please do not assume this flurry of posting to be indicative of the future of this blog. I am sure you would be sorely disappointed if you did so.

5 comments:

Luke said...

Booya,

I hadn't given up on your blogging ways.

:-)

Anon said...

i knew that if we were patient, you'd return. :)

Tifani said...

I gave up on you...but for some reason my dad had you on his computer and when I went to delete it off his, it said 2006. Way to be ash!

Tifani said...

Yeah you bite...I'm deleting you!

Ashley said...

Well, I am not sure where that last comment came from. It would appear that I had a better chance of keeping any readership when I didn't post.