Saturday, February 21, 2009

Random

Ok, so I think I might try to give this whole blog thing another go. We'll see how it goes anyway. I suppose there have been some things that have happened since my last post that are worth blogging about, even as mundane a life as I lead. Not that I wholly dislike mundane, I have certainly made conscious decisions that tend toward such a lifestyle.

As an update to my last post, I am now fully entrenched in the world of grease, oil, ATF, antifreeze, and cracked and torn up hands that is the auto mechanic. I have no immediate plans to change it at all. I am also now somewhat more comfortable with the geographic scattering of my family and friends. I have found God to be faithful in keeping love and friendships together despite the separation of miles. By now, 25 seems like a long lost memory, and certainly there are things that weigh upon my mind as other milestones of age rush to the present (anyone hear of that evil known as ...30?!?!?). Another development has more to do with how I perceive some less tangible things in life, namely my God, my salvation, and my calling as a brother to my Savior. I feel confident enough to name myself among...........the Reformed! Ok, now I've done it. This is a public blog, and now someone might find out. Oh no, what shall I do...hmmm, nope, not worried. To Luke, I have now added your blog to my feed, so hopefully I will be able to read and make constructive comments on the various articles and questions you pose therein.

As a side note, I sit writing this post at Mika's, the coffeehouse in Eureka. My computer at home has for some time had a gremlin that hinders me from google and its affiliated websites. It has evaded several concerted efforts of mine to remove it, and since blogger is now run by google, I have not been able to do anything but simply view my blog. I shall hopefully mount a successful attack on this gremlin, with the intent that I can then edit and post to my blog from home. If not, I guess I'll have to make an appearance at Mika's every other Saturday morning until something changes.

Peace and love to all the brethren,
Ash

1 comment:

Luke said...

Welcome back buddy. :-)